From: London International Awards
Contact: Bee Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janine Schoonover: email@example.com
EMBARGOED UNTIL MONDAY, 14 Nov 2011, 1900hrs GMT
JUNG VON MATT, HAMBURG
WINS THREE GOLD AND TWO SILVER STATUES
TO ATTAIN TOP HONOUR IN GERMANY
AT THE 26TH ANNUAL
LONDON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS
(London, 14 November 2011) The 26th LIA judging was held at the Wynn/Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, convening over a ten-day period. The juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium ensuring that all the work was judged equally. They concluded with final discussions to determine Grand LIAs, Statue Winners and Finalists.
Jung von Matt, Hamburg won three Gold, two Silver and a Bronze to top the list of German agencies at LIA 2011.
Jung von Matt, Hamburg won a Gold for “Save as WWF” in The NEW Category and a Gold for Daimler Pre-safe titled “Transparent Walls” in Non-Traditional – Automotive. Their third Gold LIA in Non-Traditional – Entertainment was awarded for Dortmund Concerthall titled “Concert Milk”, this spot was also awarded a Silver in The NEW Category. JVM Hamburg also won a Silver LIA for JEUDI “Playing the Underground” in Design – Posters and a Bronze LIA in Non-Traditional – Entertainment.
To round off their swag of awards, they were recognized with three Finalists:
• Digital – Innovation for WWF titled “Save as WWF”
• Non-Traditional – Entertainment for Dortmund Concerthall titled “Countdown Orchestra”
• Poster – Entertainment for JEUDI “Playing the Underground”
Following closely behind Jung von Matt Hamburg was kempertrautmann Hamburg, who won three Gold Statues. The Design Jury awarded both a Gold and Silver for Edding “Wall of Fame”, the same piece was awarded a Gold LIA by the Digital Jury. The Design Gold was awarded in the Category of Posters and the Silver LIA in the category of Use of Illustration. The Digital Gold was awarded in the category of Weird Wonderful Work.
Additionally, kempertrautmann was awarded a Gold LIA in Non-Traditional – Public Service/Social Welfare for Germany Will Find You titled “The Missing Child”, a Bronze LIA in Design – Point-of-Sale for Görtz 17 “Shoelace Box” and a Bronze in Digital - Weird Wonderful Work for edding titled “edding Digital Highlighter.
“Germany has always been one of our top contenders. Judging by this year’s show of strength, they are still riding high,” remarked Barbara Levy, President of LIA.”
Other winning German companies include:
Grimm Gallun Holtappels, Hamburg won one Silver Statue:
• Silver – Design – Motion Graphics - Animation for Vitra Design Museum "Hidden Heroes"
HEIMAT, Berlin won one Silver Statue and had one Finalist:
• Silver – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Use of Licensed Music for Hornbach DIY / Home Improvement Superstores
• Finalist – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Direction for Hornbach DIY / Home Improvement Superstores "Change"
Philipp und Keuntje, Hamburg won one Silver Statue:
• Silver – TV/Cinema.Online Film – Visual Effects for Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 titled "A Relentless Force"
Scholz & Friends, Berlin won one Silver Statue, one Bronze Statue and had two Finalists:
• Silver – Print – Business-to Business for Scholz & Friends Recruiting titled "Weru - The Final Ad"
• Bronze – Poster – Campaign for Copyshop - The Copied City Campaign titled "Arcade", "Basement",
"Doorbell" and "Fireplug"
• Finalist – Non-Traditional – Household Products for Panasonic Evoia AA Alkaline Battery titled
"The Longest Lasting Battery"
• Finalist – Poster – Retail for Copyshop titled "Basement"
Serviceplan, Munich won four Silver Statues, one Bronze Statue and had four Finalists:
• Silver – The NEW Category for LEGO titled “Builders of Infinity”
• Silver – Print – Consumer Campaign for LEGO "Builders of Tomorrow”
• Silver – TV/Cinema/Online Film - Electronic Equipment for Santec Video Surveillance “Santec Prison”
• Silver – Design – Non-Profit for Reporters Without Borders “Special Postmark – Human Rights”
• Bronze – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Music Original – Song for Sky Bundesliga titled “Sky Football Opera”
• Finalist – Non-Traditional – Automotive for BMW M3 Coupe titled "BMW Light Wall - Reflection"
• Finalist – Non-Traditional - Public Service/Social Welfare for Reporters Without Borders titled
"Special Postmark - Human Rights"
• Finalist – Billboard – Automotive for BMW M3 Coupe titled "BMW Light Wall - Reflection"
• Finalist – Digital – Innovation for LEGO titled "LEGO Builders of Infinity"
The Brainstormclub, Munich won one Silver Statue:
• Silver – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Cinematography for BMW 1 Series titled "Check My Machine"
who’s mcqueen picture, Berlin won one Silver Statue:
• Silver – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Campaign for Conrad Electronics titled "Scarecrow", "Walking Table",
"Pimp My Bike", "Pong" and "X-Mas"
Euro RSCG, Dusseldorf won two Bronze Statues and one Finalist:
• Two Bronze – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Cinematography and Sound Design for Nohair Laser titled
• Finalist – TV/Cinema/Online Film – Sound Design for Fundraising for Japan titled “Seismograph"
Grey Worldwide, Dusseldorf won one Bronze Statue and one Finalist:
• Bronze – Print – Public Service/Social Welfare Campaign for Safe Sex Message - Sexidents Campaign titled
"Bush", "Backseat" and "Toilet"
• Finalist – Print – Art Direction Campaign for Safe Sex Message - Sexidents Campaign titled "Bush",
"Backseat" and "Toilet"
Markenfilm, Wedel won one Bronze Statue:
• Bronze in TV/Cinema/Online Film – Animation for Subaru "The Car Parts"
The following have attained Finalist status:
Agenta agenturgruppe, Munster:
• Non-Traditional – Pet Products/Care for GranataPet titled "Snack Check"
Andreas Roth, Hamburg:
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Cinematography for Dirt Devil "Exorcist"
BBDO Germany, Dusseldorf:
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Use of Licensed Music for Braun Satin Hair 5 Multistyler titled "Hairmoticons"
DDB Tribal Group, Berlin:
• The NEW Category for ENTEGA Renewable Energy "Food for Thought"
Grabarz & Partner, Hamburg:
• Design – Use of Illustration for IKEA "Store Opening"
• Print – Art Direction Campaign for Volkswagen Park Assist titled "Family", "Gardening" and "Sports"
• Print - Automotive for Volkswagen Park Assist titled "Gardening"
• Print - Consumer Campaign for Volkswagen Rear Assist titled "Paint Bucket", "Scaffolding" and "Rake"
Jung von Matt, Berlin:
• Non-Traditional – Media Promotion for 13th Street titled "The Witness"
Jung von Matt, Stuttgart:
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Automotive Products for Mercedes-Benz titled "Sorry"
KNSK Advertising, Hamburg:
• Print – Media Promotion for Men's Health Magazine titled "180”
Lukas Lindemann Rosinski, Hamburg:
• Print – Direct Marketing Business-to-Business for Mercedes-Benz "The Sprinter Applies for a Job"
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Sound Design for Deutsche Bahn titled "Travel Symphony"
Oliver Voss, Hamburg:
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Editing for NIKE "Liras Manifest"
Scholz & Friends, Hamburg:
• Radio -Cosmetics/Toiletries/Pharmaceuticals for Doppelherz Immune System Plus Tablets
"Quick Relief - Funeral Bugle"
• Non-Traditional – Campaign for adidas - "Game Faces Campaign"
• The NEW Category for Absolut Vodka titled "MADE"
• TV/Cinema/Online Film – Animation for Skoda titled "Curriculum Vitae"
This year only three Grand LIAs were awarded.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Boulder has won the Grand LIA in The NEW Category for American Express OPEN “Small Business Saturday.”
Marshall Street Editors, London was awarded a Grand LIA in the Medium of TV/Cinema/Online Film – Technique for Heineken “The Entrance.”
JWT, Shanghai was awarded a Grand LIA in the medium of Print for Samsonite Suitcase titled “Heaven and Hell.”
Of the 14,283 submissions, from 79 countries, less than four percent (3.6%) attained Shortlist status. Of those elite selections, only 0.4% won Gold Statues; 0.7% Silver Statues; 0.9% Bronze Statues and 1.5% Finalist. The vast number of submissions reflects the prestige and explosive growth of the London International Awards since its inception in 1986 when only 2,600 submissions were entered.
LIA has also awarded Network of the Year, Agency of the Year and Post-Production Company of the Year. These winners were decided based on the outstanding work chosen by the Juries across all media.
Network of the Year: BBDO
Agency of the Year: BBDO New York, New York
Post-Production Company of the Year: The Mill
All Winning Work, Creative Credits, Press Releases and LIA Statue images can be accessed on the London International Awards Press site. High-resolution images of Winners and Finalists can be downloaded from this site.
To Access the Press site: http://www.liaentries.com/press/